Village style chicken gravy.
You can cook Village style chicken gravy using 26 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Village style chicken gravy
- It’s of To sauté and grind.
- It’s 3 of medium size onion chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of tomato chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of fennel seeds.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of poppy seeds.
- Prepare 6 tsp of homemade kari masal powder(or 2 tsp chilly powder and 4 tsp coriander powder).
- Prepare of To grind.
- It’s 1/2 cup of coconut.
- You need 2 tsp of roasted gram(optional).
- You need 4 of cashews.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of fennel seeds.
- It’s 1/2 inch of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare of For the gravy.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 2 of cloves.
- You need 1/2 tsp of fennel seeds.
- You need of Little stone flower (optional).
- You need 1/2 of onion chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 1/2 of tomato chopped.
- You need 2 lb of chicken.
- You need of To Garnish.
- Prepare leaves of Curry.
- Prepare leaves of Coriander.
Village style chicken gravy instructions
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onion and sauté well. Add tomato and sauté well. Switch off the flame and immediately add kari masal powder or equivalent spices, fennel seeds, poppy seeds and mix well. Cool it and grind with enough water..
- Heat a pot with sesame oil. Add cinnamon stick, cloves, fennel seeds, stone flower. Let it splutter. Add onion, sauté well. Add ginger garlic paste. Sauté until raw smell goes away. Add tomato, sauté well until oil separates. Add in chicken pieces. Sauté for 5 mins. Add in ground paste and salt. Add enough water and cook it until chicken gets cooked..
- Meanwhile, grind everything in ‘to grind’ section with enough water..
- Once chicken is cooked, add in the ground coconut paste and bring it to boil for 5 mins..
- Garnish with curry leaves and coriander leaves.