Cheesesteak sloppy Joe's. Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes came together pretty organically and randomly for us. We have had Philly Cheese Steak Grilled Cheese sandwiches in our rotation for years (because they are AMAZING) and one day we made up a skillet and…. our bread had become furry. So we had hamburger buns on hand from a hamburger night meal a couple of nights before.
One of my all time favorite ways to eat sloppy joe's – philly style! The flavors are phenomenal and its deceptively easy to make too, the perfect combination! Cheesesteak Style Sloppy Joes are packed with flavors reminiscent of a cheesesteak sandwich. You can have Cheesesteak sloppy Joe's using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesesteak sloppy Joe's
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 2 of bell peppers.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1/2 c of beef broth.
- You need 2 tbsp of ketchup.
- It’s 1 tbsp of worschire sauce.
- You need of Black pepper freshly ground.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 4 of hamburger buns.
- It’s 4 slices of provolone cheese.
Made with ground beef, these quick and easy sloppy joes sandwiches are filled with bell pepper and onion, then topped with melty cheese. These Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes are not your mom's sloppy joes! Big cheesesteak flavor, tender pepper and onions, and gooey melted cheese are packed in every bite! Well, my neighborhood is going to pot.
Cheesesteak sloppy Joe's step by step
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat vegetable oil. Add onion and bell peppers and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes..
- Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds, then add the beef. Cook until no longer pink, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain fat.
- Stir in beef broth, ketchup, brown sugar, and Worcestershire and season generously with salt and pepper. Simmer until most the liquid has reduced and the mixture is thick, 5 minutes..
- Top beef with provolone and cover skillet with a tight-fitting lid to melt, about 2 minutes..
- Remove from heat and serve cheesy ground beef mixture in hamburger buns. Serve warm..
The other night we had three squad cars on the street and two young men doing a very poor job exercising their right to remain silent. Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes Sloppy joes as a kid were pretty downright good. I loved the way my mom made them though…. instead of the canned "Manwich" sauce that you add to a pound of ground beef she'd make the best sloppy joes by adding a can of Campbell's Chicken Gumbo soup to the ground beef. All the taste of the famous sandwich but made easy using ground beef and an optional homemade provolone cheese sauce. These philly cheese steak sloppy joes are savory and delicious in every bite!